Sunday, August 29, 2010

You don't say?

So I've been dealing with writers block. I mean SEVERE writers block. I have no idea what to write about next, and no one seems to have the solution. A lot of good ideas have been thrown my way, but nothing has really stuck so I figured I'd just start writing and see where it took me. Well just writing took me nowhere... so I decided to borrow from other people. I love quotes. I had a list of favorite quotes for a while but, well, it got a little out of hand. I'm not sure why I like reading quotes so much. I don't know if it's because I struggle to put words to the chaos that is going on inside of my head, or if it's because everything just sounds better to me when someone else says it. I guess it could just be how I apply the quote to my life at the time. Nothing has any more significance than you give it. For your enjoyment I've compiled a few of my favorites here.

"Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about."

"It is only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything."
-brad pitt (fight club)


"If music be the food of love, play on."
-shakespeare




"Findin truth, spreadin love, searchin deep inside."
-kottonmouth kings

"The dreamers of the day are dangerous people."
-d.h. lawrence

"Music should never be harmless."
-robbie robertson



"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make."
-beatles

"You must be the change."
-ghandi

"As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more."
-pierre-jules renard

"Every man is born as many men, but dies as a single one."
-martin heidegger



"Where words fail, music speaks."
-hans christian andersen

"Castles made of sand melt into the sea eventually."
-jimi hendrix

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
-albert einstein



"I live in the clouds. Reality is not for me. People say i should come down. That the clouds are not a place for grownups to be. I smile at them. Maybe one day, I say maybe one day I will come down. But i never will. Reality is not for me. I shall stay up here. the view is quite breathtaking."

"I secretly hope you're going to be miserable, but even more secretly I hope you are going to be happy."

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”



"I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
'Till they reach the sky,
And like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortunes always hiding,
I've looked everywhere.
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air."
-G.S.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment